This post is also available in: Norsk (Norwegian )
For several weeks now I have been testing the Megaformer designed by Lagree Fitness which is a patented method, within the pilates world, but not exactly pilates. I guess a bit easier for men no follow. They don´t necessarily have to pay so much attention to the pelvic floor, but more to strength training. The machines are longer than the reformers, and you can push and pull yourself to more strength. As the intensive classes are only 40 minutes you might squedual them in for a lunch break workout and they are probably easier to mentally commit to because of the 1/2 hour feeling.
Here you can read about the reformer:
It´s a total body workout, and even if the studios have there own way of interpretation of this repertoire they all come down to some common challenges:
- low impact
- muscle strength
- muscle endurance
- body composition
The classes focus on core,legs, gluteus, arms, balance and cardiovascular endurance.
My experience at The Fit Buddha is that they are working deeply on one side, exhausting the muscles as much as you can, then including core sequences and at last finishing up on the other leg.
I am sharing some of the moves from todays class. I am sure you will recognize some of the work from the pilates reformer:
- Starting out standing with one leg on the platform and one on the reformer.I use no strings (harder) but you can use 1 yellow if you want. Do a serie of straight legs pushing the bed out ands pulling it in for45 seconds. Then squat and stay her for pulses 45 sec.
2. Starting up with leg bended to 90 degrees on the platform, pushing and pulling back leg in and out for 45 sec. Then stay her lower and lift- squaring out the hips,tiny moves, make it burn for45 sec. 1 or 2 yellow springs.
3. Shoulder pull. Work from your abs holdning both hands on the handles, hips squared -for45 sec. stay and keep it statically for 30sec. Lower shoulders. 4 yellow springs.
4. abs and arms. Reversed plank hold breathe and pull back as far as you can using 1 or 2 yellow springs. keep up for 45 sec.
5. Abs and obliques. Placing both feet under the black strap on the bed, hands to neck. Lift your chest as you pull in the carriage working from your core. Neck long. 45 sec. 1 – 2 yellow springs.
6. From here add the obliques work, alternating from side to side. While twisting one hand is reaching and touching the floor, come back to centre and work to the other side. 45 sec.
NOW you are ready for the other leg!!!
Best wishes Monica
Clothes from @casalltraining