Apple cider vinegar is not something new in the kitchen, but because people claim the there are so many healthy benefits of using the cider I want to write about it. I went shopping at Whole Foods this week and picked up a Kalesalad. It was super simple but super tasty.
The salad had 5 ingredients: Kale, red onion, cranberries, goat cheese and pine seeds.
The key to this tasty salad is to make the dressing with applecidervinegar.
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of enzymes, its claimed to be a wonder and I will list up a few examples I spotted on CNN here the other day:
- Diabetes – lower blood sugar in people with diabetes 2
- Weightloss – a testgroupe lost weight, felt less bloated, helps digest the food
- Whiter teeth – rub apple cider vinegar onto your teeth with a cotton swab
- Hair, skin and nails – wart remover, whiten dark spots, stop itching after mosquitos bite
- Cleaning – disinfecting, remove bacterias
- Preserve food – remove bacterias in fruit and veggies
- Soar Throat/Cough – Mix with a little honey and consume
- Heart diseases and cancer- lower the bloodpressure – has antioxidants like in broccloi and blueberries, studies showed reduction in tumor (Japan)
Cut away the stems on the kale, wash and massage with lemon juice. Cut the pine seeds and red onion. Mix together with goat cheese and cranberries.
Dressing – keep it in the fridge:
2 dl olivenoil
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1 dl honey
1 dl apple cider vinegar (5%)
The best way to use the apple cider vinegar is like this – in your daily salad. Or if you wish – 1 tbs before breakfast and a glass of water!!
PS this dressing lasts for months in the fridge, but its too yummy to last that long..
Sources: CNN og Whole Foods